I ended up in Capri again this weekend, my third time visiting the island and still I haven't gotten enough. Two weeks ago I came with my sister and her friends, last weekend with my friend Lauren who was visiting from Spain, and this weekend on a spontaneous Sunday with my American friends here. Three sketchy Circumvesuviana (the regional train) rides to Sorrento, three ferry rides from Sorrento to Capri and three incredible experiences.

  This past Sunday, my friends and I woke up at the unfortunate hour of 6:30 to take the train to Sorrento. My friends are lucky I don't know them like my family, otherwise I would have been full on grumpy gills. Our first activity on Capri was to go to the Blue Grotto so my friends could explore. However, when we got to the town and climbed the steps down near the entrance, we were informed it was closed for the day because the water levels were too high. 
Steps down to near the Blue Grotto entrance

Right before a wave came up to my shorts and soaked me

Kelly, Brendan, Monica, Rachel, Cailtin and Jody

Testing the water
    Our next adventure was back up to Anacapri, the more tranquil and less touristy town than the main town of Capri. We took the rickety chair lift up to the top of Mount Solaro, the tallest point on the island. Every time I visit Capri I always find more and more vistas and incredible views to admire the island from. The top of Mount Solaro was beyond anything I'd already seen.

Anacapri







       After a fabulous lunch where we each ordered our own pizzas (and each finished them with much enthusiasm) and wine, we relaxed on the rocky beach for the rest of the day. Brendan, who was the champion at falling asleep anywhere possible, immediately passed out while Rachel, Monica and Caitlin waded into the sea. I was the official photographer for the day, so I was in charge of taking pictures, and my black stockings prevented me from joining them splashing around in the water. I wasn't very good at my job, however, because I missed Rachel being knocked over by a wave and plunging in the salty sea. We couldn't stop laughing.
   One of our favorite toasts to make here is "To great wine, great friends and the best experience of our lives" and I think this day embodied our declaration.